Monday, August 26, 2013

Never Have I Wanted So Much in My Life


There was this house on top of a hill. It was the only thing there. Not another establishment within the next few hectares. It was, as one might consider it, remote. Slightly unkempt and aged but it was weathered gracefully like an old woman having these beautiful wrinkles on the side of her eyes. That whenever she smiles, it was a reminder of the many others she did back when she was young. A little older though, one can feel its solitude, like it was left behind as the others moved on to the modern world.

Not an expert on architecture or design of some sort but it looked unconventional. I could compare it to a Spanish villa with terracotta floors and white cemented walls. Three stories overlooking a quaint little town and a majestic sunset. And at the top was a little observatory. The one thing that captured me the most.

Never have I wanted so much in my life. It was there, in that 4 square meters of a room, where walls were wrapped in glass windows encompassed by built in desks on three sides and a small bunk on the fourth, I found my hideaway. The space spoke volumes to me and I could totally see myself inside it, writing my heart away amidst the pile of clutter in front of me.

Books will be sitting everywhere. I’d have speakers booming with tunes that get my brain to work. I’d have piles and piles of papers, some clean, some with coffee stains, some crumpled and some I’d have no idea why they’re there. And then I’d have a telescope or if I please, I’d just lie in my bunk bed and stare at the stars through my glass ceiling. I could stay there for days and forget about the world. And if the heavens grant me a person that’ll hold a special place in my heart, I’d welcome him in there and we’d have our own little world together too. He’d openly share his thoughts and playlist and I’d do the same thing back to him as well. It’ll be countless of hours spent in that sanctuary.

On good days it’ll be too tidy, not a spot left unclean. Books arranged alphabetically. Papers segregated in bins. Sheets laid out perfectly, not a thing out of place. On great days it’ll be a total mess and the only spot without obstruction is the place where my laptop is.

I swore to myself to have one like it one way or another. That’s when I realize I was staring at the room way too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment