Saturday, April 28, 2012

Everybody Loves Flirting So Everybody Should Flirt




The norm of the sexes just baffles me sometimes. Until I reached twenty and finally had the liberty to fully interact with the opposite sex (which isn’t even that active, by the way), I realized how complicated the rules are. They’re just so many I can’t even grasp all of them at once. What’s worse is that they’re so much easier said than done. Literally. It’s so easy to give a friend an advice when they’ve messed up or they’re plain clueless on what to do with some guy they have the hots for. But when it happens to you, you instantly become like any other stupid, ignorant human being that constantly tries to fill in something that doesn’t really even need filling in.


And what makes me feel bad about all of these shenanigans is that I’m the girl in the game. And by being one, I am a few steps behind. Or I am forced to be, rather. Because of the standard Filipino tradition that we have carried with us for ages we were accustomed that men should be the head of the game. They have to be the alpha male, looking for their prey. And us, we wait. Wait for someone to finally see us as a target. And not just any kind of waiting I tell you. We have to act discreet because in some way, it is the “Dalagang Pilipina’s Code of Ethics”. One slip and we’re labelled as sluts. As low-life, cheap girls who weren’t raised well by their hardworking, civilised parents.

Don’t get me wrong here. I don’t mean to put this in a way where I’d sound all thirsty for a guy’s attention. But I do believe that sometimes I’d rather be making moves myself rather than waiting like a wallflower until some fly finally decides to land on me. I don’t want to be the girl who constantly stares at her phone and waits for it to ring and see that the guy she really likes just texted her. I don’t want to be the bitch who just got owned.

I mean, just cut all the drama and the process and get on with it. I find someone as an ideal prospect. If they like me as well, then good. We’ll enjoy the ride. If they don’t, then whatever. No big deal. It’s not as if we’re planning to get committed or something.

If it goes on like this, I think a lot of tears, tissues and tequilas will be saved. In my opinion, instead of doing it old school, here are easier options.

Cut it out with the sending of mixed signals.

I don’t get why girls do this! You know you wanna give it but you’re not really giving it. That’s just BS. If you like a guy, then go. Just do it smartly. And still keep your guard on. Sometimes, they’re just as clueless. So, don’t make it two stupid people senselessly prancing around in continuous loops.

Never jump into conclusions.

Never. Unless someone solidly states out something. Adjacent to sending out mixed signals, us ladies just love to conclude. One great date and we envision our wedding day and our new last name. Seriously. WTF? If you don’t want the hassle of stressing out, just enjoy the ride. And keep your options open. *wink

Flirt correspondingly.

Know who you’re flirting with. Don’t just give it all out there and don’t go out of control. There are even times where you do it unintentionally. Then all of a sudden, a guy gets the wrong message. That’s just a total headache (take it from me). For some reason you were doing it just to act nice, now you have to tell it to his face that “dude, NO”. I have learned my lesson and now I’m aware.s

Sometimes, you just have to be the one that makes the move.

Guys are sissies sometimes too and they want attention. So, man up and do it. Smile first. Ask him out first. Text him first. But if you can handle seeing your guy slip away and get distracted by competition… it’s your choice.

The media has shaped our minds stronger now than of the traditions. Though I do not fully agree how people conform to the media’s mind-tricking ways, I believe that it’s all about equality. And the fact that it really is lesser drama in reality. I am not writing this because I’m a girl that’s seeking out for revenge on the douchebags that leave ladies behind broken and fragile. In fact, I’m helping men out here too!

Just cut out all the pizaazz and hullaballoos and have the courage. It’s kinda fun having someone to text from time to time. Or someone who you can bring along to this stupid thing you have to go to. It doesn’t have to be serious. Your goal is “FUN”.

But then for girls out there who are trying to side with me, bear in mind that the most important thing is your self-worth. Don’t come out as a hoe for sure as you still deserve the respect. But then, no one’s stopping you from having a bit of fun and adventure. *wink



2 comments:

  1. this is so true. sometimes din nakakainis yung fact na you have to act according to what is acceptable to society which is demure blah3.. sometimes it pays to make the move and go for what you want, at least if it wasn't meant for you, you would know. you wouldn't have to regret it and keep wondering "what if".. natawa ako sa prancing around in continuous loops lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i find this write up funny because i wrote this for one assignment. it was on my files for a long time and i laughed as i was reading thru it again. now it's here. and somehow, it kinda makes sense. :P

    ReplyDelete