Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some of my Life’s WTF Moments


Believe me, this isn’t even half of all of it. Circumstances aren’t arranged in chronological order. I hereby solemnly swear that all of the events below are real-life experiences- not a single fictitious WTF moment was made.

     ·   Back in college, I was humiliated in front of the whole class for not passing my assignment and not wearing proper dress code. Which by the way, doesn’t imply because my effing university doesn’t have a dress code. I can wear whatever the f I want. My professor, literally looked at me from head to foot, and asked me what kind of student I was. If he was really an intelligent, open-minded person, he would’ve never judged me by the way I dress. He also told me there’s no reason for me to wear shorts in his presence, in his class. I told him I was wearing a skirt. A freaking decent pencil cut skirt that’s just above my knees. My legs just gave them the illusion of being so short. After that, I knew I was going to have one hell of a semester. And I was right.

·         It was my final examination in my World Literature class and I was already an hour late. The train that was supposed to take me to school got delayed. The moment it came, I was scared to death to enter as the passengers were like sardines vacuumed in a can. I calculated the number of hours if I took another route. It was useless. My only choice was to wait for the next train and hope to the heavens that my professor would allow me to take my final test. Once I got to school, forty-five minutes left for my exam, I ran like crazy up to the sixth floor! Sweating, panting and all- I begged my professor to death. She finally allowed me. I passed the test!

·         Another college mishap, I had an incomplete grade on a Math subject that I needed to fix. So I had to stalk this one professor who unfortunately was a lunatic. I waited for him at my college’s lobby. When he entered, he saw me approaching him and he instantly walked faster. So I jogged towards him and asked him how the hell will I fix my grade. He retorted and told me I should’ve arranged an appointment before I speak to him. Because he never speaks to anyone without an appointment.  Dude! WTF!? Are you the president or something?

·         It was June and it was obviously the rainy season. Without any idea, my friend and I thought it was a good idea to wait for the rain to stop. It definitely wasn’t. The moment we decided to leave and took a ride on a pedicab, lo and behold! A stream that was once a street appeared before us. Water was rushing in our “ride” and I swear to god, I would do anything in my power to not let that disgusting, filthy flood water reach the insides of my pants. Thankfully, after doing advanced yoga poses inside the pedicab, only my feet got wet. And then the trike driver charged us forty pesos each! Eighty peso pedicab ride for just two blocks’ worth of distance! I threw him 20 bucks and ran off. HAHA.

·         I was falling in line at the airport’s check-in counter at 3 in the morning. I was so excited to leave my huge-ass luggage so that I’d be able to catch a nap somewhere before the plane arrives. Little did I know, my ticket wasn’t booked with baggage fees. I had to pay 450 pesos. My last money was 500. Ouch.

·         My internship supervisor asked me if I know Photoshop. I thought he was going to let me edit photos for print and stuff like that so I told him I know the basics. But I didn’t edit photos. I had to make a floor plan from scratch. And I had to make it on CS5 on an iMac. Geez. Can’t I just use MS Paint? I was staring at the computer for so long not knowing what to do. Worse, the creative director was behind me. That moment, I remember wishing for the iMac screen to suck me into virtual oblivion. In the end, he decided to help me out. HIHI. :P

·         Before I went on a trip to the beach, my uncle demanded that I had to bring a relative in order for him to be assured that I wasn’t lying and that if ever an “accident” happens to me, he knows whom to contact. So I took my younger cousin with me for her to meet my uncle and vice versa. When it was time to take her back to the hotel, our bus got hit by a small truck from behind. The damage was pretty serious and we got stuck in the express lane for 20 minutes and the exit was 500 metres away. There was no way out. I was partially traumatized.

·         Recently, I went parasailing. If you know me, and I have told you the story or if someone I know told you about it, then you’d be laughing your ass off right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment